December 24, 2012 by Giggles
Not a one, not a single Christmas treat have I posted. This year my men are on these high protein low carb diets. McGyver for health reasons and the Baby boy because of Rugby (strict orders from his coach). I decided not to bake cookies or anything too tempting, gotta show my support (and I enjoyed not adding something else to my long holiday to do list).
Then I realized that I had nothing for poor old Santa Claus! Panic struck my heart…I had to leave something, it just wouldn’t be right. Digging through my freezer I found a couple of bags of dark chocolate and mint morsels and some vanilla marshmallow snowmen (from last year).
In less than 5 minutes I had myself a Rocky Road Chocolate Mint Fudge. It takes a couple of hours in the fridge before you can cut it up, but it couldn’t be easier to whip up and you only mess up one bowl (always a plus). This recipe can easily be converted into any fudgy combination, just stick to the morsel to condensed milk ratio and let your imagination go.
5-Minute Fudge (Rocky Road Chocolate Mint)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Nestle's Winter Dark Chocolate and Mint morsels
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups marshmallows (I used vanilla snowmen)
- Line an 8 x 8 square pan with foil or wax paper. Spread half the marshmallows on the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable safe bowl add 3 cups morsels, sweetened condensed milk and pinch of salt. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Microwave another minute and stir until smooth and creamy. If necessary keep microwaving and stirring for 30 seconds more until chips are melted completely.
- Stir in nuts and pour over marshmallow. Using a spatula spread the fudge evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with remaining marshmallows and morsels (since I had large snowmen, I arranged them first then sprinkled the morsels around them). Gently press morsels and marshmallows into the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 2 or more hours. Lift out of pan and slice into small pieces.
This post is my entry to the Monthly Mingle and Photo contest hosted by Junglefrog.
Category: Desserts, RecipesTags: Chocolate, Christmas, fudge, marshmallows, mint, Nuts, rocky road |